Clean Break is a programme which offers an opportunity to combine the Northern Powerhouse investment opportunity with the Government’s industrial strategy. The renewables sector offers boundless economic and social potential for the UK and with the opportunity to engage a vast array of areas in taking advantage of natural assets.
The first national Clean Break Summit will engage with the potential of low carbon technologies and renewable energy to drive inclusive economic growth. It will explore how strategic authorities, government and industry can work together to unlock the boundless potential promised by renewable technologies as the catalyst for wider transformation and investment across a given functional economic area.
The two-day event will cover in detail the principal policy, technical, commercial, environmental issues at stake and delegates will hear the latest thinking from government ministers, business leaders, technology experts and infrastructure chiefs.
Topics to be covered include: -
- Engaging and empowering local communities;
- Sustainable growth and building the case for a secure low carbon future;
- Improving energy efficiency;
- Investing and innovating in skills;
- Inclusive growth for communities and people;
- Creating competitive markets for renewable energy;
- Case studies on place based approaches.
Please watch our video from the Building The Future Now Roundtable, to find out more about the views of local leaders, engaged in the Clean Break Project.